Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New me

I always new that when I walked out into the world once again free that things would be different. But the truth of the matter is they are not that much different, what is different is me.

Now don’t get me wrong the world has changed a great deal over the years. I was away long enough to not recognize my own town. The man I am today is far different from the one I once was, but I may be the only one that knows it.

OK. That’s not true, anyone that knows me today knows I am not the man they had heard stories about, but no one that knows me now, knew me then. So in that regard I am the only one that has seen my true change. I grew up in a place I wouldn’t wish upon anyone, but it took that place to make me who and what I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment